Tonight (yesterday), the 5th iteration for the future top of Italy
Rinoceronte – came out to the WOT supertest. 5 iterations on ST is rare.
Rinoceronte (Italy, HT-10, regular, mechanics: modified reloading mechanism).
Changes regarding the fourth iteration of the supertest:
• Added a description of the tank.
Description of the tank: At the turn of the 1960s and 70s, tanks with uninhabited turrets were being developed in a number of countries – in this way they tried to increase the survivability of crews. These latest developments were not ignored by the Italian military either, but they took an easier path, taking existing developments as a basis. It was decided to develop the tower on the basis of the German tower of the promising KPz 3 tank. The general layout of the hull was also borrowed from the Germans. At the same time, the designers tried to maximize the armor component. To increase the projectile resistance of the hull’s forehead, it was decided to make it in a shape similar to the “pike nose”. The work was stopped at the drawing stage.
• Dispersion on the move (max.): From 0.24 (12.00) to 0.30 (12.00)
• Dispersion on hull traverse (max.): From 0.24 (7.01) to 0.30 (8.76)
• Repair cost of modules: from 8 089 to 8 139
• AC durability: from 210 (140) by 260 (180)
• Ground resistance: from 1.3 / 1.8 / 3.1 to 1.1 / 1.2 / 2.3
• Engine power: from 770 to 650
• Specific power: from 17, 22 to 14.54
• Carrying capacity: from 46 000 to 46 500
• Maximum forward speed: from 50 to 40
source – wotexpress