- from Thu. 27 Jun. 07:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. 27 Jun. 07:00
- to Thu. 27 Jun. 10:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. 27 Jun. 10:00
ROGUE WAVE EVENT
From Thu. 27 Jun. 10:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. 27 Jun. 10:00
to Mon. 22 Jul. 06:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Mon. 22 Jul. 06:00
New unusual four-team battle format. a team of three players needs to destroy three opposing teams. You can fight either in a Division or solo.
- Each “Savage Battle” starts on the outskirts of the destroyed city.
- At the beginning of the battle, your ship carries no consumable charges.
- Replenish your consumables by activating bonus areas
- beware of the Wild Fire slowly engulfing the aquatorium.
The Rogue Wave event is available only during Update 0.8.5.
Rewards and Armory
You can earn Fuel Tokens, various in-game items
There is a new expendable camouflage for completing special combat missions and Directives in the new game mode.
Rogue Wave includes four Directives, with up to eleven missions. The reward is U.S. destroyer V Hill.
Fuel Tokens: new temporary resource. You can exchange your Fuel Tokens in the Armory for the last special reward—Premium destroyer IX Benham.
Fuel Tokens can be obtained:
- Daily Shipments
- completing Directives
- economic missions in Savage Battles
- Daily Missions.
ROGUE WAVE permanent camouflages for:
- X Z-52, X Shimakaze, X Daring, X Yueyang, X Gearing, X Grozovoi, X Harugumo, and X Khabarovsk.
Soft limit on the number of Tier VIII carriers in Tier VIII–IX battles:
- during the first minute, no more than one aircraft carrier can be placed in each team.
- the second minute of waiting, teams will be limited to two aircraft carriers
- the third minute of waiting, the limit raises to three carriers that can join each team.
new battle format for Clans: Clan Brawl! Clan Brawls take place throughout a single day, with only victories being counted.
Update 0.8.5 will have two Clan Brawls:
July 6—for Tier VIII ships
July 20—for Tier X ships
Each Clan will be able to select its preferred prime time:
CIS 14:00 — 20:00 UTC
EU 15:00 — 21:00 UTC
NA 22:00 — 04:00 UTC
ASIA 10:00 — 16:00 UTC
RANKED BATTLE SPRINT
Played in a 6 vs. 6 format with Tier VII ships. Ten ranks are divided into two leagues: the Second League includes Ranks 10 to 6, the First League—Ranks 5 to 1. Season schedules:
Season starts: Thu. 27 Jun. 08:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. 27 Jun. 08:00
Season ends: Tue. 09 Jul. 07:30 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Tue. 09 Jul. 07:30
Season starts: Thu. 11 Jul. 08:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. 11 Jul. 08:00
Season ends: Tue. 23 Jul. 07:30 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Tue. 23 Jul. 07:30
IMPROVEMENTS TO THE GAME MECHANICS
Update 0.8.5 brings updated mechanics for damage infliction to ships’ bulges, secondary battery and torpedo tube modules, and to the completely destroyed parts of a ship:
- Now, when a shell penetrates a secondary battery module, a torpedo tube module, or a completely destroyed part of a ship, the dealt damage will be 10% of the maximum shell damage value. 100% of this damage can be restored using the Repair Party consumable.
- Shells don’t affect AA modules, and these can only be destroyed by explosions of HE shells, as before.
- a new ribbon has been introduced in order to avoid misleading our players. For penetrating a torpedo bulge without hitting the next layer of armor, a special ribbon will be given to a player—for shells, bombs, and rockets.
GAME BALANCE CHANGES
in Update 0.8.4, AA defense mounts inflicted permanent damage to a randomly selected aircraft in a squadron per a set frequency. However, there were situations when all the aircraft were damaged, but not a single plane was brought down. To make the destruction of aircraft more consistent, AA defense mounts now inflict damage only to the last aircraft in the squadron. Thus, a player can be confident that their AA defenses are focused on a single target, shooting it down much quicker as a result. At the same time, most of a squadron’s aircraft will remain untouched during the attack, especially those in the attacking flight. The first planes in the squadron will receive damage only if a player is unable to avoid the shell explosions of AA defenses.
The minimum speed: now the aircraft decelerate by 26.25 knots instead of 17.5. Attack aircraft, as well as Japanese and German aircraft, decelerate by 30 knots instead of 20.
German Tier VIII aircraft carrier Graf Zeppelin
- Torpedo damage has increased from 4,533 to 5,333 HP.
- Chance to cause flooding has increased from 25% to 29%.
- Bomb normalization has improved by 5 degrees.
The following changes have already been introduced:
- Coordinates of the squares are now located along the upper and left borders of the Minimap.
- The Minimap rotation option has been moved to the in-battle Minimap settings.
- Last-known position markers of the enemy are now automatically enabled for all players.
- Only the long-range AA defense action radius is displayed on the Minimap.
- Display of hotkeys + and — has been removed.
The layout of notifications about new content and news articles has been revised
- Now, for new collection items, insignias, campaigns, and news—a new icon with a counter is used.
- updated the look of notifications on the banners in the Port.
Three sequences of tips for newcomers have been added.
- They will show how to change battle type, where to find Commander skills, and how to research and purchase ship modules.
- The sequence about researching and purchasing a ship has new additional tips.
The display of collections has been changed.
- Now they are sorted by completion date, while completed collections have been moved to the left side of the screen.
Please welcome a new ship in the Armory—Tier X Japanese cruiser X Yoshino, available for 248,000 Coal.
Main characteristics of Yoshino
- Nine 310 mm guns mounted in triple turrets that boast enjoyable ballistics and a smaller dispersion ellipse when compared with cruisers Kronshtadt and Alaska.
- Two types of torpedoes to choose from: long range (20 km) and medium range (12 km). The latter have greater speed and damage, and they are harder to spot, too. You’re also likely to grow fond of the cruiser’s torpedo aiming angles.
- In addition to the Damage Control Party and Repair Party consumables, the ship can also use Defensive AA Fire or Hydroacoustic Search in slot 2, and the Spotting Aircraft or Fighter consumables in slot 3.
- Copper and Molybdenum have been renamed to Ranked Tokens and Clan Tokens, with updated icons. Now players won’t be confused by the names of the resources they are entitled to for their grand achievements in Ranked and Clan Battles.
We continue to offer new camouflage patterns, obtainable in exchange for Ranked Tokens and Clan Tokens. In 0.8.5, battleship X Bourgogne has the option to try on the War Paint camo, which can be acquired for Ranked Tokens.
War Paint camouflage bonuses:
−3% to the ship’s detectability range by sea
+4% to the dispersion of shells fired by enemies at your ship
−50% to the cost of the ship’s post-battle service
+20% credits earned per battle
+100% XP per battle.
The number of containers has been changed from five to one in the Vive la France, Dunkirk, The Hunt for Bismarck, 2 Years of World of Warships, and Battle of the North Cape sets. The cost has been reduced accordingly from 5,000 to 1,000 Coal.
With the release of Update 0.8.5:
- Allowance Tokens will be exchanged for credits at a rate of 1:8,000
- the Victory: Part 1 section of the Armory will become unavailable.
- Provision Tokens will remain in the game until Update 0.8.6. After the release of the Update, all received tokens will be exchanged for credits at a rate of 1:22,500.
the battle rewards for the following ships have been revised:
- +5% to the average amount of credits earned per battle— III Nassau, IV Kaiser, V König, VI Bayern, VII Gneisenau, VIII Bismarck, IX Friedrich der Große, X Großer Kurfürst, V Emerald, VII Shchors, IX Dmitri Donskoi, X Moskva, VIII Admiral Hipper, IX Roon, X Hindenburg, II Umikaze, III Wakatake, IV Isokaze, VII Mahan, VIII Benson, III G-101, IV V-170, V T-22, VIII Z-23, X Z-52, II Longjiang, III Phra Ruang, and X Yueyang.
- +10% to the average amount of credits earned per battle— I Orlan, I Black Swan, and I Chengan.
- −5% to the average amount of credits earned per battle— VI Normandie, VII Lyon, VIII Richelieu, IX Alsace, X République, IV Orion, IX Lion, X Conqueror, III Tenryū, IV Kuma, VI Leander, VII Fiji, IV Duguay-Trouin, V Émile Bertin, VIII Charles Martel, IX Saint-Louis, X Henri IV , II Sampson, V Nicholas, X Grozovoi, III Valkyrie, and IV Shenyang.
- −10% to the average amount of credits earned per battle— I Erie and I Hashidate.
- +5% to the average amount of XP earned per battle— VI Bayern, VII Gneisenau, VIII Bismarck, IX Friedrich der Große, X Großer Kurfürst, I Orlan, I Black Swan, I Chengan, VII Shchors, II Longjiang, X Yueyang, III G-101, X Z-52, and IV Isokaze.
- −5% to the average amount of XP earned per battle— VI Normandie, VII Lyon, VIII Richelieu, IX Alsace, X République, IV Orion, IX Lion, X Conqueror, I Bougainville, III Tenryū, IV Kuma, II Sampson, V Nicholas, V Podvoisky, and VI Gnevny.
- −10% to the average amount of XP earned per battle— I Erie and I Hashidate.
CONTENT ADDITIONS AND CHANGES
Special permanent camouflage patterns for III Dreadnought, II Emden, II Albany, III Charleston, III Aurora, II Diana, III Oleg, II Tachibana, and III Katori have been added.
−3% to the ship’s detectability range by sea
+4% to the dispersion of shells fired by enemies at your ship
−10% to the cost of the ship’s post-battle service
+50% XP per battle.
The following ships have been added for testing by developers, supertesters, and community contributors: X Thunderer, X Hayate, IX Siegfried, IX Friesland, and VI Ark Royal.
OTHER CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS
Scaleform® library updated for more efficient technology and use better hardware resources. Also, it needs to update graphics card drivers to ensure the correct operation of World of Warships.
- Cities have been added to the Greece map.
- Ship spawning positions on the Islands of Ice and Sleeping Giant maps have been changed for Random Battles: the spawn points have been harmonized, making ships spawn in three groups facing the key areas.
- In the Training Room, Spectators’ ships are now destroyed five seconds after the battle begins, without affecting the score.
- The “Tournament. Epicenter” scenario has been added to the Two Brothers map in the Training Room.
- Minor improvements have been made to the geometry and textures of the following ships: VIII Kagerō, VIII AL Yukikaze, V Jianwei, IX Georgia, IX Alaska, X Stalingrad, and VIII Tirpitz.
- Campaign tasks saying “Hit enemy ships with any weapons” now take rocket hits into account.
- Fixed the incorrect display of the modules tab.
- Fixed the silhouettes of destroyed ships for III Valkyrie, VIII Lightning, and IX Jutland.
- Fixed the contour highlighting of the “Ready!” button when the mouse cursor hovers over it.
- Fixed the display of the “Duplicate” sign, when a duplicate collection item is found in a container.
- Removed the inscription indicating the time remaining until the end of the Ranked Battles season when the season has already finished.
- Removed the display of the “Camouflage” tab for ships on which camos cannot be mounted.
- Fixed an error causing a wrong currency icon to be displayed for ships in the Tech Tree.
- Added sounds when you click the buttons on the top panel and a sound alert when the “Select Port” button appears.
- In the tooltips for Ranked Battles, we’ve added information about the impossibility of playing in a Division if it’s not a Ranked Battle Sprint.
- During the pre-battle countdown, info about the sight distance and visibility is no longer displayed.
- Fixed an incorrectly specified number of ships in the series in the description of aircraft carrier VIII Enterprise.
- Fixed the incorrect naming of the guns on battleship VIII Roma.
- Fixed a bug sometimes preventing the reward for the first achievement of a game day from being credited.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from leaving the game when changing the settings of the Training Room.
- Changed the names of the gamescom and gamescom 2018 camouflage patterns to gamescom Black and gamescom Blue.
- Fixed a bug where the squadron aiming reticule stayed visible on the water at the last point of a bombing run.
- Fixed a bug that caused the banner displaying received awards to disappear after obtaining the final reward for completing a mission in a campaign.
- Fixed a bug that prevented any actions from being performed after the player’s aircraft carrier had been destroyed and their last squadron had completed its attack run.